Returns & Refunds
Whilst we at The Great British Website are utterly committed providing you, The Great British Customer with an amazing experience and products to match, we know that every once in a while, even the best laid plans can go awry.
Our starting point is that we are committed to ensuring you are completely satisfied with your purchase.
Where you have bought an item with sufficient shelf life, you have 14 days to notify the seller if you want to cancel the order or exchange the item. The cancellation period will expire 14 days from the day on which you receive the goods you have ordered.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT:
- The 14-day return/cancellation policy only applies to those products that we classify as ‘cancelable goods’.
- At TGBW we sell a large number of goods that we classify as ‘perishable and/ or personalised’ items. These good are not cancelable or returnable (see reasons below).
How to cancel your order, or return or exchange a product (if applicable):
Important: please do not destroy or throw away any product before you’ve spoken to us.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying clearly:
- What your order number is;
- The precise product(s) concerned;
- The reason for the exchange/refund; and
- Let us know if you would like a refund or a replacement item.
- If already received, package the item up and send it back us within 14 days notifying us. We recommend you use a signed-for delivery service with proof of postage. Please note that you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the product.
- As the seller’s payment agent, we will process the refund directly to your payment card within 14 days of receipt of the returned product(s).
Items that cannot be returned for a refund or exchange (unless defective)
As outlined above, due to the nature of our business at TGBW, there are some items that we classify as non-cancelable or returnable. These include such items as:
- Perishable products (like food or opened bottles of drinks or preserves etc.)
- Anything that’s made to your specific requirements; for example, personalised meaning in event of return it cannot be resold due to a bespoke element.
This of course does not apply if the goods are damaged, defective or below the standard you expect from us at TGBW.
As our customer, you are of the utmost important to us, so we would always ask you to contact us if you are disappointed with a product or did not meet the expectation we set or you perceived. Our Partners take this incredibly seriously too and as such we will always inform them to see if there is anything that can be done.
Where’s my order?
Not received your products? Please let us know by email and we will do all we can.
Our policy does not affect any statutory rights you may have.